Eastman Management recently implemented a new web-based Tenant Service Request System, known as Workspeed.

Eastman Management recently implemented a new web-based Tenant Service Request System, known as Workspeed. Tenants are now able to send questions or requests online to our office and monitor the status of these requests through the system. Building announcements also are sent directly to each tenant via Workspeed as well. We are pleased with the performance of Workspeed, which allows us to communicate more effectively and efficiently.

Below are some common questions we receive from our tenants.

How can I submit a service request?

All service requests should be logged through our new online Workspeed tenant portal. We will be able to dispatch your requests in a timelier manner and also track their progress. If you do not yet have access to the tenant portal, please send an email to Donna Krumenaker or Shea Nelson with a description of your problem.

What are Building Hours?

Building hours refer to the period of the day when the building is operational. During this time, the landlord provides regular maintenance services as well as air conditioning/heating. Generally, the Building Hours are 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday and for some complexes the Saturday Building Hours are 8:00 am to 1:00 pm.

What are Building Holidays?

Building holidays are days that the landlord only provides emergency maintenance service. Although the major holidays are typically considered a Building Holiday, tenants have a detailed list of holidays in their lease. (The major holidays are usually New Year’s Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving and the day after Thanksgiving and Christmas.) The building is locked all day, and no air conditioning or heating is provided. Tenants who need services on those days should contact Eastman Management Corporation in advance to make necessary arrangements.

What is overtime HVAC?

Overtime HVAC is heating or air conditioning service used after building hours or on building holidays. Tenants may use override HVAC timers to turn the air on for additional hours. Tenants who are not equipped with override timers should contact Eastman Management Corporation in advance to make necessary arrangements.

What do I do if I lose power in all or part of my office?

Unless you pay your electric bill directly to the power company, if you lose power in your office please call Eastman Management Corporation and a technician will be dispatched to assist you. If you pay your electric and gas bill directly to the local power company, call the power company first, then call Eastman Management Corporation. The phone numbers can usually be found on the invoice. [PSEG (1-800-350-7734) GPU (800-662-3115)]

How do I request directory strips?

If you require additional directory strips, please notify Eastman Management Corporation. You will be sent a proposal for the strips to verify pricing and the correct spelling of the company/employee name. Each request will take 1 – 2 weeks to process.

How do I request card keys?

If you require additional card keys, please notify Eastman Management Corporation with the name of the employee who requires the card. The card will be hand delivered to your office in 2 – 3 days.

How can I request a work order?

For any service request, please notify Eastman Management Corporation with the building location, company name, nature of problem and a phone number. Upon receipt of your request, we will dispatch a technician or coordinate with a subcontractor to resolve your problem.

If the request requires work that does not fall within the landlord’s responsibility, Eastman Management will submit a proposal to the tenant. No work will be done until the tenant has agreed to the proposal submitted. If requested, Eastman will meet with the tenant to review possible problem solving options and answer any questions they may have.

How do I move in/out of the building?

If you are moving in or out of one of our buildings, please follow the below procedure to ensure maximum efficiency:

  • Notify Eastman Management Corporation at least 2 weeks in advance of your plans.
  • Contact your moving company for a certificate of insurance. Eastman will provide a sample certificate of insurance for you to use to obtain a certificate of Insurance form from your moving company that will give the most protection against damage occurring during the move.
  • As part of Eastman’s service, a technician from Eastman can be available on site during the move to make sure that the moving company properly protects the building from damage and that the move runs smoothly.